Membership of CoPSO is open to any private organisation that provides property search reports. Members must agree to be bound by the Constitution together with the Search Code.
See a list of members
How will membership of CoPSO help your business?
Membership of CoPSO will provide you with:
- Regular reports and updates on all of the key issues affecting the search industry as they evolve.
- The opportunity to put forward your views to influence the future of the search industry.
- The ability to demonstrate to clients that you are committed to good standards of practice via adherence to the Search Code.
- Cost-savings via working as an industry in securing, for example, insurance cover, training schemes and complaints procedures.
- Use of the CoPSO logo to show that you are part of the search industry's major trade body.
- Excellent networking opportunities across the search industry
What has CoPSO achieved?
- Firmly established itself as the major trade association for the property search industry and the primary point of contact for both Government and the major stakeholders.
- Ensured that members receive up-to-date information on developments across the industry and have a direct voice on Government and industry working groups and in influencing the shape of policy.
- Successfully influenced the OFT, Beardsell and Carsberg reviews and ensured the needs and concerns of property search organisations are reflected
- Taken the lead in introducing the Search Code delivering quality standards across the search industry and supported by the major stakeholders.
- Engaged constructively with local authorities to resolve and address oustanding access and charging issues
What are the membership categories?
CoPSO has five categories of membership:
- Executive Members
- Associate Members
- Affiliate Members
- CoPSO Partners
- Search Code Subscriber
A summary of the membership criteria is available, allowing prospective members to review the different requirements.
Membership subscriptions are charged on an annual basis, reducing on a pro-rata basis during the year.
Applying for membership